Specifics: This feat allows the character to cast all spells of a given level range as still spells automatically. These spells may be cast while wearing armor. This feat may be taken multiple times:
- Automatic still spell I: Cast any level 0 - 3 spell as a still spell.
- Automatic still spell II: Cast any level 4 - 6 spell as a still spell.
- Automatic still spell III: Cast any level 7 - 9 spell as a still spell.
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- The "ability to cast level 9 spells" may be better understood as the ability to learn level 9 spells (as wizards are not required to know spells of the highest level they can cast).
- This feat can be selected by bards. However, a bard cannot achieve the 9th level spell requirement on its own, so 17 levels of cleric, druid, or wizard, or 18 levels of sorcerer, would be needed.
- By removing the somatic component from spells, these feats eliminate the risk of arcane spell failure associated with wearing armor. Several arcane spellcaster builds acquire automatic still spell III along with one level in a warrior class that provides heavy armor and shield proficiency. This combination allows the spellcaster to gain up to 11 AC (8 from armor and 3 from a shield), possibly plus a shield bonus.
- Auto still spell does not add a metamagic icon to the spells it affects. The only indication that this feat is having an effect is the lack of spell failure due to armor and shield (and deafness, for some odd reason).
Custom content notes Edit
- A custom class must have this feat in their feat list, or that class will not be able to select it as a general feat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.