The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Type of Feat: (Epic) Metamagic
Specifics: This feat allows the character to cast all spells of a given level range as still spells automatically. These spells may be cast while wearing armor. This feat may be taken multiple times.
- Automatic still spell I level 0 - 3 spell
- Automatic still spell II level 4 - 6 spell
- Automatic still spell III level 7 - 9 spell
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- This is an epic selectable class feat for bards. A bard can't achieve the 9th level spell requirement on its own, so 17 levels of cleric, druid, wizard or 18 levels of sorcerer would be needed.
- By removing the somatic component from spells, these feats also eliminate the risk of arcane spell failure associated with wearing armor. Several arcane spellcaster builds select these four feats (still spell and automatic still spell I, II & III) along with one level in a warrior class that provides heavy armor proficiency and shield proficiency. This combination results in a fully armored spellcaster with 8 base AC from armor + 3 base AC from shield (plus any armor bonus and shield bonus).
Custom content notes
- A custom class must have this feat in their feat list, or that class will not be able to select it as a general feat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.