Innate level: 5
Components: verbal, somatic
Range: medium (20 meters)
Area of effect:
single gargantuan (8.33 meter radius)
Save: reflex 1/2
Spell resistance: yes
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- Instead of a single ball doing up to 15d6 damage, this spell actually creates up to 15 balls that can strike different targets, each doing 1d6 damage.
- This makes ball lightning rather ineffective against creatures with any amount of electrical damage resistance.
- The target selection of this spell is that of the missile storms (except this spell cannot target a location). The lightning balls will be distributed evenly among the potential targets in a gargantuan area, with any excess balls directed at the first target.
- Prior to version 1.69, the saving throw was made against fire instead of electricity.
- Prior to version 1.65, there was no saving throw.
Custom content notes