The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|5: Bigby's interposing hand|
6: Bigby's forceful hand
7: Bigby's grasping hand
8: Bigby's clenched fist
9: Bigby's crushing hand
Description: A giant hand appears and attacks the target. If it hits and succeeds in a grapple check, the target is held fast for the duration of the spell and suffers 2d6+12 points of bludgeoning damage each round.
- Added in the expansion packs.
- The grapple check starts with a modified attack roll:
d20 + caster's ability modifier + caster level + 12 - 1.
- If this roll meets or exceeds the target's armor class, then an actual grapple is attempted:
caster: d20 + ability modifier + caster level + 12 + 4 vs. target: d20 + strength modifier + BAB + size modifier.
- A tie means a successful grapple.
- For these checks, casters with wizard levels use their intelligence modifier, and all other casters use charisma.
- The "held" effect is normally paralysis, but a target that is immune to either paralysis or mind-affecting spells will be immobilized instead. This allows the target to perform actions while held stationary and changes the options for removing this spell.
- While remove paralysis, freedom of movement, and restoration will remove paralysis, none of these are effective against immobilization. (Removing the paralysis also removes the hand and associated damage.)
- While dispelling can remove any spell, it is particularly effective at removing spells that had inflicted immobilization.
Custom content notesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.