|1: bless weapon|
4: holy sword
Innate level: 1
Descriptor: weapon enchantment
Components: verbal, somatic
Area of effect: creature or melee weapon
1 2 minutes / level
Spell resistance: no
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- When bless weapon is cast on crossbow bolts, it adds a temporary blessed bolt item property (also known as "on-hit: slay rakshasa"), which will instantly kill any rakshasa hit by the bolts
- Contrary to the spell's description, this spell lasts for two rounds per level when cast on bolts and two turns per level when cast on melee weapons.
- This spell can be cast on seemingly unarmed creatures (such as animals) to target one of their natural weapons. The "right" slot is targeted if possible; the "bite" slot otherwise. A creature with only a "left" weapon (e.g. some polymorphs) will not benefit from this spell.
- An existing enhancement bonus (temporary or permanent) will block the addition of the enhancement bonus from this spell. The damage bonus, on the other hand, will replace an existing temporary damage bonus vs. undead. In particular, casting this spell on the same weapon before an earlier casting expires will not extend the duration of the enhancement bonus, but will extend the duration of the damage bonus.
Custom content notes Edit