"Destroyer": These characters are the bane of all that is good and organized. Chaotic evil characters are motivated by the desire for personal gain and pleasure and does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If he is simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. They see absolutley nothing wrong with taking whatever they want by whatever means possible. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Laws and governments are the tools of weaklings unable to fend for themselves. The strong have the right to take what they want, and the weak are there to be exploited. Bloodthirsty buccaneers and monsters of low intelligence are fine examples of chaotic evil personalities.
Thankfully, Chaotic evil plans are haphazard, and any groups they join or form are poorly organized. When chaotic evil characters band together, they are not motivated by a desire to cooperate, but rather to oppose powerful enemies. Such a group can be held together only by a strong leader capable of bullying his underlings into obedience. Since leadership is based on raw power, a leader is likely to be replaced at the first sign of weakness by anyone who can take his position away from him by any method.
- Rarely keeps his word. Has no honor.
- Lies and cheats anyone.
- Most certainly attacks and kills an unarmed foe (those are the best kind!).
- Will hurt and/or kill an innocent without a second thought. (Or for pleasure).
- Uses torture to extract information and pleasure.
- Will kill for sheer pleasure.
- Is likely to help someone only on a whim.
- Despises honor and authority and self-discipline. Views them as weaknesses.
- Does not work well in a group. Constantly vying for power and/or command.
- Will always take dirty money, etc.
- Will betray a friend. After all, you can always get another friend.
- Associates mostly with other evil alignments.
- Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil.
- Those who choose Chaotic evil often enjoy it because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but also of the order on which beauty and life depend.