Description: This spell allows the caster to immolate a non-magical weapon. The weapon will do 1d6 points of damage, +1 per two caster levels (maximum of +10) of fire damage. The caster can either target a specific melee weapon in his inventory or a creature to enchant the weapon the creature is wielding.
|caster level||damage per hit|
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- The duration of this spell is technically 2 turns per level, which is the same as 1 hour per level, except when the module designer has changed the definition of an hour.
- The description may be taken to imply that only weapons with no magical properties can benefit from this spell, but that is not the case.
- This spell can be cast on seemingly unarmed creatures (such as animals) to target one of their natural weapons. The "right" slot is targeted if possible; the "bite" slot otherwise. A creature with only a "left" weapon (e.g. some polymorphs) will not benefit from this spell.
- The damage is implemented as an on-hit property. This has a few notable consequences.
- Damage from on-hit properties is not multiplied for critical hits.
- Damage from on-hit properties stacks with all damage bonuses on the weapon.
- Only one on-hit property will ever be applied for a single hit. Thus this spell will not stack with flame weapon, nor is it effective on weapons with permanent on-hit properties.
- If the damage caused by a darkfire strike is 10 or more, there will be a different flame animation on the target.
Custom content notesEdit
- On hit fire damage script: