The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
This skill allows the character to perform a variety of actions on a trap.
- Ability: Intelligence
- Cross-Class: Yes
- Requires Training: Yes
- Check: There are four progressively difficult actions that a character may perform on a trap; the base DC is determined by the difficulty rating of the trap and is modified by the action being performed. Assessing a trap to determine its difficulty modifies the DC by -7. Flagging a trap to make it visible to the rest of the party modifies the DC by -5. Disarming a trap uses the base DC. Recovering a trap modifies the DC by +10.
- Special: Rogue is the only class capable of disarming traps with a DC of 35 or greater. With 5 or more ranks in the set trap skill a character gets a +2 synergy bonus on disable trap checks.
- Spectacular Failure: When disarming or recovering a trap, a spectacular failure results in the trap immediately going off if a DC check is failed by 10 or more.
- Use: Assess, Flag, Recover, and Disarm are radial menu options off of a detected trap.
- Traps recovered with this skill are considered "stolen" and therefore many merchants will not buy them.
- Allows for a take 20 when the character is not in combat, or if the character has the Skill Mastery feat.
- The default disarm DC's for the standard traps are listed in the notes for the Set trap article. However, module designers are free to change this value.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.