The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
This skill allows the character to perform a variety of actions on a trap.
- Ability: Intelligence
- Cross-Class: Yes
- Requires Training: Yes
- Check: There are four progressively difficult actions that a character may perform on a trap; the base DC is determined by the difficulty rating of the trap and is modified by the action being performed. Assessing a trap to determine its difficulty modifies the DC by -7. Flagging a trap to make it visible to the rest of the party modifies the DC by -5. Disarming a trap uses the base DC. Recovering a trap modifies the DC by +10.
- Special: Rogue is the only class capable of disarming traps with a DC of 35 or greater. With 5 or more ranks in the Set Trap skill a character gets a +2 synergy bonus on Disable Trap checks.
- Spectacular Failure: When disarming or recovering a trap, a spectacular failure results in the trap immediately going off if a DC check is failed by 10 or more.
- Use: Assess, Flag, Recover, and Disarm are radial menu options off of a detected trap.
- Traps recovered with this skill are considered "stolen" and therefore many merchants will not buy them.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.