|2: lesser dispel|
3: dispel magic
6: greater dispelling
9: Mordenkainen's disjunction
Innate level: 3
Components: verbal, somatic
Range: medium (20 meters)
Area of effect: colossal (10 meter radius), or single creature
Description: This spell attempts to strip all magical effects from a single
target. It can also target a group of creatures, attempting to remove the
most powerful spell effect from each creature. To remove an effect, the
caster makes a dispel check of 1d20 +1 per caster level (to a maximum of
+10) against a DC of
11 12 + the spell effect's caster level.
- The area of effect is large; the spell description incorrectly lists it as colossal.
- The in-game description of this spell erroneously reports that it is affected by spell resistance; dispel magic does not check spell resistance.
- The DC is incorrectly reported in-game; it is actually 12 + caster level, with some vagaries in the determination of the effective caster level. See dispel for details.
- If used as an area of effect, this spell will also attempt to dispel any area of effect spells centered in affected area.
- Most of the spells of a level 19 caster are immune to dispel magic, as the dispeller's best possible roll is 30 (20+10), while the DC is 31 (12+19).
Custom content notes Edit