Description: If the caster succeeds with a melee touch attack, the target permanently loses d3+2 points of intelligence. If the difficulty setting is less than "normal", the victim is allowed a fortitude saving throw (with a DC of 10 plus half the caster's hit dice) to negate the effects.
- Unlike most spells, the results of this attack are cumulative and will stack with themselves.
- If the victim's intelligence is less than 5, death occurs instead of intelligence loss. This death is inflicted as magical damage equal to the target's hit points plus one.
- If targeted on a placeable, the target will be destroyed on a successful hit.
- Use of this ability other than by the special abilities tab provokes an attack of opportunity, the same as if the creature cast a spell. (Probably a bug.) Also, if a creature is affected by silence it will be unable to use this ability.
- The intelligence loss is an extraordinary effect, so it is removed by resting.
- If the target is diseased or poisoned, a successful extract brain will cause the caster to share in these conditions. (A scripting limitation prevents the caster from obtaining the exact disease or poison of the target, though. Instead, a diseased target will give the caster soldier shakes, and a poisoned target will give phase spider venom, regardless of the exact affliction of the target.)
- This ability is intended for illithids and their ilk; it is given to those creatures through a special AI script.
Custom content notes