Specifics: The character gains a +1 bonus to any damage delivered to his favored enemy. He also receives a +1 bonus on listen, spot, and taunt checks against the favored enemy. These bonuses improve by +1 for every 5 levels that the ranger gains, but they do
not improve for the Harper.
Use: automatic. The ranger may choose additional favored enemies every 5 levels. A Harper scout only chooses one more at level 5.
- When a favored enemy is gained, the player selects a race to be that favored enemy. There are 24 favored enemy races available; of the 25 standard races, only ooze cannot be selected.
- See also Category:Creatures for a breakdown of standard creatures by racial type.
- Despite the feat's description, Harper Scout favored enemies do improve to +2 on Harper scout level 5. For characters that are both ranger and Harper scout, it is critical to distinguish which class selected the racial type as the favored enemy when leveling up, as the the level of that class will determine the bonus against that racial type.
- Though all favored enemy feats can be avoided by ranger and Harper scout (by taking other bonus feats instead), the lack of feasible alternatives in the pre-epic levels strongly direct the player to choosing at least one of these feats.
- In the pen and paper (3.0) version, any creature immune to critical hits is also immune to the damage bonus from this feat. However, NWN does not have this limitation.
Item feat: no
Custom content notes
- This feat seems to only work when added during levelup, but it does work in other class slots. So, for example, a level 5 monk given a favored enemy gets +2 damage against the favored enemy.