Specifics: The character gains a +1 bonus to any damage delivered to his favored enemy. He also receives a +1 bonus on listen, spot, and taunt checks against the favored enemy. These bonuses improve by +1 for every 5 levels that the ranger gains, but they do
not improve for the Harper.
Use: automatic. The ranger may choose additional favored enemies every 5 levels. A Harper scout only chooses one more at level 5.
- When a favored enemy is gained, the player selects a race to be that favored enemy. There are 24 favored enemy races available; of the 25 standard races, only ooze cannot be selected.
- See also Category:Creatures for a breakdown of standard creatures by racial type.
- Despite the feat's description, Harper scout favored enemies do improve to +2 at Harper scout level 5.
- Favored enemy feats are linked to the class that selected them. If a character has both ranger and Harper scout levels, the bonus against favored enemies selected on ranger levels can be different than that against favored enemies selected on Harper scout levels. (Each race can still only be selected once per character, though, not per class.)
- It is possible for both rangers and Harper scouts to avoid this feat (by taking other bonus feats instead), but this is rarely a good option at pre-epic levels.
- In the pen and paper (3.0) version, any creature immune to critical hits is also immune to the damage bonus from this feat. However, NWN does not have this limitation.
Item feat: no
Custom content notes
- This feat only works when added during level-up, as it is linked to a certain class. However, it does work for any class that is given this feat as an option.