|2: lesser dispel|
3: dispel magic
6: greater dispelling
9: Mordenkainen's disjunction
Description: Greater dispelling attempts to strip all magical effects from a single target. It can also target a group of creatures, attempting to remove the most powerful spell effect from each creature. To remove an effect, the caster makes a dispel check of 1d20 + 1 per caster level (to a maximum of +15) against a DC of
11 12 + the spell effect's caster level.
- The area of effect is large; the spell description incorrectly lists it as colossal.
- The in-game description of this spell erroneously reports that it is affected by spell resistance; greater dispelling does not check spell resistance.
- The DC is incorrectly reported in-game; it is actually 12 + caster level, with some vagaries in the determination of the effective caster level. See dispel for details.
- If used as an area of effect, this spell will also attempt to dispel any area of effect spells centered in affected area.
- Most of the spells of a level 24 caster are immune to greater dispelling, as the dispeller's best possible roll is 35 (20+15), while the DC is 36 (12+24).
Custom content notes Edit