bard 3; sorcerer/wizard 3
Description: This spell creates a blast of air that knocks down any creatures failing their saving throws. It is also powerful enough to disperse any cloudlike area of effect spells (such as cloudkill) that are in the path of the wind gust.
- Added in the expansion packs.
- The duration of the knockdown effect is 3 rounds.
- The "cloudlike" area of effect spells that this spell can disperse are acid fog, cloud of bewilderment, cloudkill, creeping doom, incendiary cloud, mind fog, and stinking cloud.
- This spell is very useful for escaping a horde of pitiful enemies.
- Prior to version 1.69, gust of wind dispersed all areas of effect, not just the cloudlike ones. This made it one of the best third level spells, particularly in high-magic settings.
- Prior to version 1.69, auras such battletide and magic circle against alignment were included in the areas of effects that could be dispersed, if this spell targeted the target of those spells.
Custom content notesEdit