The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
This skill allows a character to hide from enemies.
- Ability: dexterity
- Classes: arcane archer, assassin, bard, Harper scout, monk, pale master, ranger, rogue, shifter, shadowdancer
- Cross-class: yes
- Check: The character must succeed at an opposed test against a searching creature's spot check. Success means that the character goes undetected.
- Special: The hide and move silently skills combine into a single stealth action. Movement in stealth mode is slower than the normal rate. Wearing armor or using a torch inhibits this ability, but low light can provide a bonus. A character in stealth mode is harder to spot if standing still, and if his stature is small.
- Use: Select the stealth action from the Special Abilities radial.
Invisible creatures automatically enter stealth mode.Opposed spot and listen rolls are made once per round, where applicable.
- Despite the official description of this skill, invisible characters do not automatically enter stealth mode.
- For factors affecting a character's ability to successfully use this skill, see spot. In brief, hiding is easier when standing still and harder (at night) when carrying a light.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.