Description: A number of energy missiles (one per caster level but to a maximum of 20) appear and randomly target and hit any hostile creature in the area of effect. If there are more creatures than missiles, only the closest targets will be damaged. If there are more missiles than creatures, one of the creatures will be hit with multiple missiles. Each missile does 2d6 points of damage.
- Added in the expansion packs.
- The spell description is misleading when there are more missiles than targets. The missiles will be distributed evenly among the potential targets until there are fewer missiles than targets, at which point the remainder will be given to the first target. For example, if 14 missiles are fired at three targets, each target will be hit by 4 missiles (accounting for 12 missiles), then the leftover 2 missiles will hit the first target (for a total of 6 hits on the first target).
- This spell will not hit invisible creatures, even though the description suggests that it will hit any creature in the area.
- The spell description in the SoU manual says 3d6 damage per missile, but it is actually 2d6.
- Since there is no saving throw for this spell, it is quite effective for casters with a low casting ability.
- This spell is effectively used on a single target, since all the missiles will hit the one opponent -- dealing a considerable amount of damage (provided the victim does not have protection such as magical damage resistance, high spell resistance, a spell mantle, or spell immunity).
- Occasionally, servers will ban the maximized version of this spell or make other changes to weaken it. This is because even without metamagic, this spell is very powerful.
- This spell is possibly does the most damage to a single taget then any other spell. with all 20 missiles hitting one target it can inflict 40d6 damage (2d6x20=40d6). this beats most epic level spells in terms of damage and its only level6.
Custom content notes