Specifics: A character with this feat can attempt to knock his melee opponents to the ground. The character makes an attack roll at -4, and if successful the defender makes an opposed discipline check against the character's attack roll. If the character wins, the defender is knocked to a prone position.
Use: selected. Prone characters cannot attack. Characters receive a +4 bonus to attack prone opponents in melee, but a -4 penalty to attack them with a ranged weapon. A character can only make a knockdown attempt on opponents that are one size category larger than himself, or smaller. The opponent gets a +4 bonus on his opposed check for every size category he is larger than the attacker, or a -4 penalty for every size category he is smaller. Monks receive this feat for free at level 6.
- This feat cannot be used while wielding a ranged weapon.
- The prone state lasts for one round (minus the flurry in which the knockdown was made).
- A knockdown made on an already prone target will not increase the duration of the prone condition.
- Since monks receive this feat automatically, it cannot be selected when gaining a monk level (even prior to level 6).
- The combat log will report a knockdown attempt as *resisted* if the target won the opposed check and as *failed* if the target is not a valid target for this feat.
Item feat: yes
Custom content notes