|2: lesser dispel|
3: dispel magic
6: greater dispelling
9: Mordenkainen's disjunction
Description: This spell attempts to strip all magical effects from a single target. It can also target a group of creatures, attempting to remove the most powerful spell effect from each creature. To remove an effect from a creature the caster makes a dispel check of 1d20, +1 per caster level (to a maximum of +5) against a DC of 11 + the spell effect's caster level.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The area of effect is large; the spell description incorrectly lists it as colossal.
- The in-game description of this spell erroneously reports that it is affected by spell resistance; lesser dispel does not check spell resistance.
- The in-game description incorrectly reports the innate level of this spell as 1.
- If used as an area of effect, this spell will also attempt to dispel any area of effect spells centered in affected area.
- Most of the spells of a level 15 caster are immune to lesser dispel, as the dispeller's best possible roll is 25 (20+5), while the DC is 26 (11+15). The exceptions involve vagaries in determining the effective caster level; see dispel for details.
Previous versions[edit | edit source]
- Prior to version 1.69, this spell could not be stilled.
- Prior to NWN EE 1.74, an effect's caster's level had been added to 12, not 11, to get the dispel DC, even though the in-game text has always claimed "11". This meant that the spells of a caster with a level as low as 14 were immune to this spell.
Custom content notes[edit | edit source]