Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Specifics: Maximized spells apply all variable numeric effects — including damage, number of targets, and so on — at their maximum values.
- "Variable" numeric effects means numbers that are not known before the spell is cast. That is, it means the result of dice rolls, not numbers based on the caster level.
- The "opposed rolls" not affected by this feat (in addition to the already-mentioned dispel checks) include touch attack rolls, special attack rolls (e.g. Bigby's forceful hand), skill checks, spell resistance rolls, and opposed checks.
- Rolls made only indirectly as a result of a spell — such as rolls resulting from a spell's effect but being directly caused by an attack — are not affected by this feat. This includes the chance for an attacker to miss due to concealment, damage inflicted by a polymorphed creature, bonus damage from an item property (e.g. darkfire), and damage inflicted by a damage shield (e.g. death armor).
- The following are the spells that possess variable numeric effects not excluded by the above considerations but that cannot be maximized with this feat. This list excludes level 7, 8, and 9 spells, as those cannot be maximized due to the lack of spell slots above level 9. (Spells that are level 6 for at least one class are included, even if they are level 7 for another class.)
- The following spells can be cast with this feat but with no change to the spell.
Item feat: No, But it can be added with custom content.
Custom content notes
- This feat can be added to iprp_feats.2da and work as an item feat, but note that wizards and divine spellcasters will only need to have the item equipped while preparing their spellbooks and not during resting or spellcasting. Spellhooking can be used to verify that the caster has the feat if it is used as an item feat.
- Whether or not a spell can be cast with this feat is determined by the "MetaMagic" column of
spells.2da. Maximize spell is the third bit of this bitfield.
- Whether or not casting a spell with this feat impacts the results depends on the spell's script. The key scripting command is