A character may sneak quietly past an enemy.
- Ability: dexterity
- Classes: arcane archer, assassin, bard, Harper scout, monk, pale master, ranger, rogue, shadowdancer
- Cross-class: yes
- Check: A move silently check is opposed by the listening creature's listen check. If the character is successful, the opposing creature remains unaware as the character moves.
- Special: Hide and move silently are combined into a single modal stealth action. Movement in stealth mode is slower than the normal rate. Wearing armor may incur a penalty, but low-light can provide a bonus.
- Use: Select the Stealth action from the Special Abilities radial. Invisible creatures automatically enter stealth mode.
- Despite the official description of this skill, invisible characters do not automatically enter stealth mode.
- For factors affecting a character's ability to successfully use this skill, see listen. In brief, being silent is easier when standing still and when further away, particularly if there are objects in the way.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.