Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
A character may sneak quietly past an enemy.
- Ability: dexterity
- Classes: arcane archer, assassin, bard, Harper scout, monk, pale master, ranger, rogue, shadowdancer
- Cross-class: yes
- Check: A move silently check is opposed by the listening creature's listen check. If the character is successful, the opposing creature remains unaware as the character moves.
- Special: Hide and move silently are combined into a single modal stealth action. Movement in stealth mode is slower than the normal rate. Wearing armor may incur a penalty, but low-light can provide a bonus.
- Use: Select the Stealth action from the Special Abilities radial. Invisible creatures automatically enter stealth mode.
- Despite the official description of this skill, invisible characters do not automatically enter stealth mode.
- For factors affecting a character's ability to successfully use this skill, see listen. In brief, being silent is easier when standing still and when further away, particularly if there are objects in the way.