A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. A cleric who helps others according to their needs is neutral good. Neutral good means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.
This alignment is seen by some to be the most righteous, as it promotes the welfare of others (good) with no detraction caused by tradition (law) or capriciousness (chaos). The neutral good character may use society's organization to foster good, but is also willing to subvert that organization if it becomes an obstacle.
The extreme of the neutral good alignment is represented in Neverwinter Nights as a rating of "50" in law-chaos and "100" in good-evil. The alignment title is "benefactor".
Guidelines[edit | edit source]
- Seeks to aid others and protect them from harm.
- Is not concerned about honor as much as virtue.
- Is not deceptive, but might break promises if circumstances change.
- Accepts benevolent authority.
- Is loyal to friends and good teammates.