Specifics: When using the weapon chosen, the character deals +1d6 points of damage on a successful critical hit. If the weapon's critical multiplier is x3, add +2d6 and if the multiplier is x4, add 3d6.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- Most NWN manuals state that weapon focus is a prerequisite, but it is not.
- This feat stacks with any massive critical item property on a weapon (including that obtained from thundering rage).
- Despite the game description, overwhelming critical actually adds an additional 1d6 for a total of (critical multiplier)d6 extra damage.
- The creature weapon variant of this feat is non-functional; the unarmed strike variant is used with creature weapons (or any other natural weapon).
- If the feat ki damage is used there is only a 1d6 bonus from overwhelming critical despite the critical multiplier. This sometimes makes it a good idea for weapon masters not to use the ki damage feat when the weapon of choice has a large threat range or a high critical multiplier.
- Weapons with the no combat damage property do not benefit from overwhelming critical.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.