The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- The DC for the saving throw is 13 for the version of this ability used by monsters, and 12 + (shifter level)/2 for the version used by shifters.
- For this ability, "enemies" includes neutrals after taking the PvP setting into account. The shifter version excludes neutral non-player characters who are not associates of a player character.
- Under the "Normal" and easier difficulty settings, the petrification lasts one round per hit die (monster version) or caster level (shifter version) when the target is a player character. Under the harder settings, and always for non-player characters, the petrification is permanent.
- A creature whose appearance is one without flesh — or is that of a basilisk, cockatrice, medusa, or gorgon — is immune to this ability. (Examples of flesh-less appearances include most golems, all elementals, shadows, and skeletons.)
- The shifter version of this ability cannot be used while blinded, while the normal one can.
- The shifter version of this ability has a scripted limit to its number of uses (1 + 1/5 shifter level for each shift).
- The shifter version is intended for the basilisk forms of greater wildshape III and the medusa form of greater wildshape IV.
Builder notes Edit
- Under a creature's special abilities (in the Toolset), the first "Gaze, Petrification" is the shifter version, while the second is the monster version.
- The shifter version is generally unsuitable as a monster ability because the limit to its number of uses defaults to 0.
Custom content notesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.