The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- Outsiders turned via this feat get turn resistance equal to half their spell resistance. (Outsiders turned by other means, namely via the good or evil domains, receive turn resistance equal to their spell resistance.)
- Because of the charisma and wisdom requirements, at least five combined great wisdom and great charisma feats are required to take planar turning (red dragon disciple can grant two charisma towards this five, but consumes ten class levels), and even then only at level 40 with a PC that started with an 18 and 17 in those two characteristics.
- An alternative approach is to take champion of Torm as an epic PC, gaining five great wisdom feats in only ten levels so as to allow for a more realistic build. The drawback for clerics is that there is not a similar boost in charisma, so their higher level spells may have to be delayed till epic levels when they finally get the wisdom boost. Epic Harper scout levels can help relieve the charisma stress (through one great charisma feat in the first level or two over five levels). The turn check will suffer when it is diluted with these classes.
- The combination of characteristic requirements, dubious benefit, and the ability for clerics to turn outsiders through simple domain selection, make this feat rare to the point of nonexistence. Persistent world creators who wish to see Planar Turning used in their modules should consider relaxing the requirements through engine changes.
Custom content notes
- A custom class must have this feat in their feat list, or that class will not be able to select it as a general feat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.