The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
- Outsiders turned via this feat get turn resistance equal to half their spell resistance. Outsiders turned by other means, namely via the good or evil domains, receive turn resistance equal to their spell resistance.
- The class level is that of the turning class.
- Because of the charisma and wisdom requirements, at least five combined great wisdom and great charisma feats are required to take planar turning on single-class PCs, and even then it's only available at level 40 on a PC that started with an 18 and 17 in those two characteristics.
- A more realistic build would use multiclassing. Red dragon disciple grants two charisma over ten class levels, five epic Harper scout levels allow two bonus feats usable for great charisma, and ten epic Champion of Torm levels grant five bonus feats usable for great wisdom. However in all these alternatives, the turn check suffers as the divine class is diluted.
- The combination of characteristic requirements, dubious benefit, and the ability for clerics to turn outsiders through simple domain selection, make use of this feat rare to the point of nonexistence. Persistent world creators who wish to see Planar Turning used in their modules should consider relaxing the requirements through engine changes.
Custom content notes
- A custom class must have this feat in their feat list, or that class will not be able to select it as a general feat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.