Description: Rogues have little in common with each other. While some - maybe even the majority - are stealthy thieves, many serve as scouts, spies, investigators, diplomats, and simple thugs. Rogues are versatile, adaptable, and skilled at getting what others don't want them to get. While not equal to a fighter in combat, a rogue knows how to hit where it hurts, and a sneak attack can dish out a lot of damage. Rogues also seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to avoiding danger. Experienced rogues develop nearly magical powers and skills as they master the arts of stealth, evasion, and sneak attacks. In addition, while not capable of casting spells on their own, a rogue can sometimes "fake it" well enough to cast spells from scrolls, activate wands, and use just about any other magic item.
Alignment Restrictions: None
Hit Die: d6
Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Craft armor, Craft trap, Craft weapon, Disable trap, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Lore, Move silently, Open lock, Parry, Persuade, Pick pocket, Search, Set trap, Spot, Tumble, Use magic device
Base Attack Bonus: +3/4 levels
Special Abilities & Feats
- Level 1 Sneak Attack (+1d6)
- Level 2 Evasion
- Level 3 Sneak Attack (+2d6), Uncanny Dodge I
- Level 5 Sneak Attack (+3d6)
- Level 6 Uncanny Dodge II
- Level 7 Sneak Attack (+4d6)
- Level 9 Sneak Attack (+5d6)
- Level 10 (On achieving 10th level and every three levels thereafter, the rogue can choose one of these feats. This is replaced by epic bonus feat progression once the character becomes epic rogue).
- Level 11 Sneak Attack (+6d6), Uncanny Dodge III
- Level 13 Sneak Attack (+7d6)
- Level 14 Uncanny Dodge IV
- Level 15 Sneak Attack (+8d6)
- Level 17 Sneak Attack (+9d6), Uncanny Dodge V
- Level 19 Sneak Attack (+10d6)
- Level 20 Uncanny Dodge VI+
- Level 21 Sneak Attack (+11d6)
- Level 23 Sneak Attack (+12d6)
- Level 25 Sneak Attack (+13d6)
- Level 27 Sneak Attack (+14d6)
- Level 29 Sneak Attack (+15d6)
- Level 31 Sneak Attack (+16d6)
- Level 33 Sneak Attack (+17d6)
- Level 35 Sneak Attack (+18d6)
- Level 37 Sneak Attack (+19d6)
- Level 39 Sneak Attack (+20d6)
The ultimate thief with legendary skills and many a tale of derring-do, the epic rogue is the master of cunning, deceit, and stealth.
Hit Die: d6
Skill Points: 8 + Int modifier
Bonus Feats: The epic rogue gains a bonus feat every four levels after 20th. In other words, at levels 24, 28, 32, 36, and 40.
Epic Rogue Bonus Feats: Blinding Speed, Crippling Strike, Defensive roll, Epic dodge, Epic Reputation, Epic Skill Focus (all but Animal empathy, Perform, Use magic device), Improved evasion, Improved Sneak Attack, Opportunist, Self Concealment, Skill Mastery, Slippery Mind, Superior Initiative
Epic Selectable Class Feats: Epic Skill Focus (Use magic device)
Sneak Attack: This continues to improve by 1d6 at each odd-numbered class level the epic rogue gains.
Prestige Class Tips
- Rogues make effective Assassins and Shadowdancers, but they can also be successfully combined with melee classes; such as Fighter, Barbarian, or even Ranger.
- When reaching Rogue level 10, 13, 16 or 19 at epic character levels, an Epic Rogue Bonus Feat may be chosen.
- Rogue Guide by R.Glenn at GameFAQs NWN page