The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|4: shadow conjuration|
5: greater shadow conjuration
- "Shadow variant" has no real meaning in Neverwinter Nights; the spells cast via shadow conjuration are identical to their "normal" versions, except they have a different spell level, and the darkness version does have both verbal and somatic components. (This would include the spell school with regards to considerations such as spell focus and arcane defense if any of the subspells allowed a saving throw.) In particular, the innate level of the variants is the innate level of the corresponding "normal" spells (4 for summon shadow, 2 for darkness and invisibility, and 1 for mage armor and magic missile).
- One advantage of this spell is having five spells combined into one. For sorcerers, this effectively increases the number of spells known. For wizards, this provides the ability to select which spell to cast at the time of casting.
- An advantage for wizards who specialized in abjuration or transmutation is access to select spells from their prohibited school (conjuration).
- The mage armor subspell is unusual in that multiple castings stack (but only the dodge bonus stacks).
- The mage armor subspell will remove earlier normal mage armors; these two spells will not stack with each other unless the shadow variant is cast first (and even then only the dodge bonuses stack).
- If a potion of this spell is made (typically via brew potion), and if that potion is fed to an associate, then the summon shadow variant is automatically chosen.
Custom content notes Edit
- script: Uses the same scripts as the spells this mimics. There is a script named
nw_s0_shadconj, but this is not used (nor will it even compile).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.