Type of Feat: Class
Prerequisite: Rogue 1
Specifics: Whenever a character makes a successful attack against an opponent who is flat-footed, cannot see them, or who is in combat with someone else, the character's blow delivers extra damage. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level and an additional 1d6 every two levels thereafter. This extra damage is not multiplied in the case of a critical hit.
- The damage bonus from this feat stacks with that from the blackguard's sneak attack and assassin's death attack.
- To set up sneak attacks without being hidden, a rogue will sometimes entangle, stun, paralyze, or knock down an opponent first. Operating in darkness is another tactic, often achieved by utilizing the use magic device skill to cast darkness (and ultravision) from a scroll.
- Sneak attacks are a way to get around the damage reduction or damage resistance of strong targets (by applying bonus damage in excess of what gets reduced or resisted).
- Sneak attacks can be made with ranged weapons if within 30 feet of the target.
Item feat: Only 1d6, 2d6, 3d6 and 5d6, but the rest can be added with custom content.
Custom content notes
- This feat can be added to iprp_feats.2da to make it available as item feat.