Perhaps a point could be made here that it stacks with Dwarven Defender and Barbarian damage reductions. DaBear 10:07, 16 Nov 2005 (PST)
Does it stack with itself?.. if you took EDRIII would you have a total of 9/- reduction or 18/- ?? --18.104.22.168 September 4, 2006
- huh? You can only take the feat 3 times, and you cant repeat that. Unless you talking about the feat been a bonus on a item then Im not sure. -- Pstarky 02:11, 5 September 2006 (PDT)
- It doesn't stack with itself. Each rank of this feat replaces the earlier rank. So three feats in this gets you a total of 9/-. --22.214.171.124 January 24, 2010
Naming conventions & Stacking clarification Edit
that being the case, i'd like some clarification on the paragraph about stacking, which states ' it does not stack with other sources of damage reduction '.
- will this really not stack w/sources of damage reduction [e.g., an ironskin ring] ?
- will it stack w/damage resistance provided by items [as distinguished from damage resistance gained from the [equally unfortunately-named] barbarian damage reduction and Dwarven defender damage reduction ?
126.96.36.199 06:05, January 4, 2018 (UTC)
- As stated in the article, this feat does not stack with damage reduction from items or spells. Furthermore, it does stack with–and is applied after–damage resistance from items. This is how damage reduction is expected to function. Therefore, this feat functions as damage reduction, not damage resistance. Hence, this feat is accurately-named. --The Krit (talk) 04:58, January 7, 2018 (UTC)
- well, no, actually, it's not. damage reduction is stated in the form 'n/+x' or '+x soak n', and serves to reduce the amount of damage taken by n hp when the creature is struck by a weapon whose enhancement bonus is less than +x. damage resistance is stated in the form 'n/-' and works to reduce the amount of damage taken by n hp regardless of the power of the item causing the damage [which is the case w/this feat]. that bioware screwed up when they named some of the feats is of no consequence; since the feat describes a damage resistance of 3/-, rather than damage reduction, one would think it wouldn't stack w/other sources of damage resistance, hence my question. but the article states it won't stack w/sources of damage reduction [such as stoneskin, for example], even though it seems quite logical that it should. however, i know from reading some of your other posts that you do a lot of testing, and i'm guessing you've verified it, so i trust your info. to be clear, then, you're saying that it won't stack w/something like stoneskin, but will stack w/item damage resistance such as from an archer's belt ? -- 188.8.131.52 10:56, January 9, 2018 (UTC)