Please do not edit the Main Page without first discussing it here.
For general NWNWiki discussions, please post to NWNWiki talk:Community Portal.
I'd like to propose a new line in the "Player categories" box. Something along the lines of
Any thoughts on this? --The Krit 03:16, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
- As long as there are no objections, I'll go ahead and add this in the next week or so. --The Krit 18:13, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
I modified the formatting a bit to use more CSS and fewer tables. Overall, there should not be much change except (hopefully) the four colored boxes are now displayed next to the "Welcome" part. Not sure how it will look under all conditions, but it looks better on my browser. I'll test a few other browsers later. (I had intended to do the tests and open a discussion on this talk page before making these changes on the actual main page, but because the sidebar is only suppressed on the main page, I was unable to demo the changes elsewhere first.) --The Krit 03:22, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
- tk: the pastel boxes seem to be clashing pretty hard with the black background. i do like the new look but i'm thinking switch out the pastel colors to something a bit deeper or maybe even to black with a different color outline for the box & obviously white lettering. 184.108.40.206 13:39, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
- I noticed that too, but I decided to stick to one thing at a time, in this case layout before colors. ;) I'll try out the outlined box idea when I get a chance. --The Krit 16:33, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
- perfect. :-) s. Mysticjester 11:26, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
- I thought keeping solid boxes would be a nice bit of continuity, but I still have not found color combos I like. So I've put the outline versions on the main page until/unless someone comes up with a better scheme. --The Krit 00:10, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
Search box autocomplete and Source/Wysiwyg editing in classic format
I don't know if this is related to some style sheet change for the dark format switchover or not, since I first noticed it only a few days ago and the dark format was made the default before that. However, the classic ("monobook") format now seems to be missing a couple features. First, the search box autocomplete (AJAX search?) now doesn't work (it doesn't show any suggestions). Second, in the editor's menu, the toggle for editing source and editing in the wysiwyg editor is now missing (the buttons are gone and source editing is the only option). I am prety sure it is not my browser having trouble, because both features work fine in the dark format. - MrZork 23:09, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
- It could be a bug introduced by whatever Wikia has been working on recently. (Odd that I found no mention of these problems on the central Wikia site, though.) Your best bet is probably to report it via Special:Contact. Be sure to include your browser version and operating system. --The Krit 18:58, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
Proposed PC category change
I was thinking that part of the front page might benefit from a bit of a change. Instead of linking to just saving throws, I've created a new category to encompass all aspects of character development. (Plus I have not been completely happy with the labels.) I created the category to make it easier to find those game rules specifically pertaining to leveling PCs, rather than having them all lumped in with the other game rules. So I propose the following to replace the current "Player character categories" box.
Player character categories
- this is a good idea. :-) i say go for it. Mysticjester 13:35, January 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Done. --The Krit 20:39, January 28, 2011 (UTC)
in some links where an ampersand is present [e.g. http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=7669], the wiki html renderer is munging the ampersand to '& amp;' which results in broken links when the user clicks on it. this can be seen, for example, in bug fix links on pages for the animal companions [e.g., wolf ]. this doesn't seem to be the case when a bare link [such as the one above] is posted; just when the link is given text. is there any way to fix this? 220.127.116.11 08:16, September 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I think it's a bug in the newish Wikia skin. I'll submit a bug report and see what happens. --The Krit 16:26, October 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Should be fixed in a week. (Wikia releases their fixes weekly on Wednesdays.) --The Krit 00:21, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Looks like it is fixed now. Anyone still having problems with this? --The Krit 21:18, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
Log-in acting funny.
I've been noticing for a few weeks now that when I log-in the new way, it doesn't log me in right away. In fact I have to "x" out of the log-in box and then go to a page (any page seems to work) and then I will show as logged in. Not sure what is causing this, I thought at first it was the cookies, but I have cookies turned on. Grom56 (talk) 02:35, October 20, 2016 (UTC)