Mentioning the game engine limitation is not about design intent, ShaDoOoW. It's letting custom content makers (and players) know the difficulty in changing this. --The Krit 19:53, November 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Then we can add the reasoning "due to the engine limitation" into everything, like that Bestow Curse doesn't stack or incorporeal status disappear after rest. To make undead immune to the negative damage energy from weapon can be done via one line inside OnSpawn script, to make them heal could be done in OnDamaged if needed. My point is that I think its rather intent as it would be quite unbalancing if the negative damage on weapon would healed them. --ShaDoOoW 01:03, November 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Bestow curse does not stack with itself because spells do not stack with themselves, so this is desired behavior (but thanks for reminding me to revert your edits over there). Incorporeal concealment disappears after rest because it was not made supernatural, which is a scripting issue, not a game engine issue. Making undead immune to negative energy damage does not cause them to be healed by negative energy damage. Still an engine limitation. --The Krit 02:18, November 20, 2011 (UTC)
- You didn't understand my point. Nevermind. --ShaDoOoW 03:25, November 20, 2011 (UTC)
- No, I understood your point, but since your point is your unfounded opinion, I ignored it rather than address it and risk insulting you or getting drawn into a pointless argument. (Not to mention that your point is rather unrelated to the subject at hand -- there is a game engine limitation that prevents a weapon's damage from healing instead of damaging. Regardless of why that limitation exists, its existence is is of interest to the people seeking to bring NWN closer to D&D rules.) You are entitled to your opinion, after all. --The Krit 04:26, November 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Nonono. My point is that there is missing any reference to the reasoning you used. It is documented anywhere, nope thus based only on your unfounded opinion. Unless there is a clear reference, it can be only guess. Maybe its a good guess but shouldn't wiki represent only proofed facts? And btw, the note I added into Bestow curse was copied from Negative Energy Burst. So by this logic that spell usually do not stack, you should remove this nore from there and Ray of Negative Energy spell as well. So you should probably remove this note from these spells as well. But then I wouldn't be surprised if there would be question if the spell stack in talk page in future. Not every player is familiarized with how the spell effect engine works. --ShaDoOoW 04:48, November 20, 2011 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.